[Accepted] Ashylarry - Protection Warrior
31 Oct, 2015 23:37
About yourself

First name: Furqan

Your computer

System specifications: i7, 4GB RAM, 2GB Nvidia.

FPS during general raiding: 80-90

FPS during raiding and heavy load (bloodlust+spam everything+shiny boss abilities): Not much of a difference, but haven't checked to be honest.

Do you have and use a microphone? Yes, and not shy to use it

Internet connection (use speedtest, pick Paris which is where the Draenor server is located, and paste the result-URL): You will be shocked by the results, so it's much better for my chances if I do not post them smile

How often do you disconnect? It does occur, but not very often. Sometimes TS does lag out, and that is due to Kenyan internets. For the most part though, gameplay is unaffected.

How often does your PC crash? So far, it has not failed me during a raid.
Character information

Character name: Ashylarry

Class: Tauren Warrior

Spec: Protection

Amory link (log out with the gear and spec you are applying with): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ashylarry/simple

Off-spec (if any): Gladiator DPS (also know this well)

Alts worth mentioning (with links): Warlock, not played way too much.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Chucktaylor/simple
Raiding

Raiding schedule and IRL (will our raiding schedule fit your real life?): Yes.

Previous expansion experience: Joined the game at the start of WOTLK, cleared all of it with a top 10 guild as a prot warrior, at the time on Jubeithos OCE server.

Mindset (describe your attitude on progress and farm raids): Pretty positive dude, you're not gonna get much raging from me. Also patient enough.

Combatlog links: Our guild recently merged with another guild, so give me a while to ask someone where the new logs are, and I will happily provide them for you.

Screenshot of your UI while raiding (use Imgur) (if you don't have a useful screenshot atm queue up for LFR and bail when you're done): For some reason, it just failed and now I've got deserter buff. I will get back to you with this.

Which important addons and WAs do you use? DBM, GTFO, Weakauras, Omen.

Which macros do you use? Charge/intervene macro, target marking (skull etc.), DBM pull macro. Don't find that I need much else.

Which keybinds do you use? A ton of keybindings, and then the same keybindings modified with ctrl and alt, and also a few extra mouse buttons.

Explain your talent and glyph choices and alternatives:
Talents:
Double Time - 2x charge charges= more mobility, superior option to the other 2 in all fights.
Enraged Regeneration - HOT that can be used when CC'd, better than other choices.
Sudden Death - DPS talent row, this is the best choice for a prot tank (Unyielding strikes for Glad dps, but in prot it's just wasting rage).
Shockwave (AOE stuns eg. Xhul imps), Dragon Roar (Single target or AOE like Iskar ground phase) - self explanatory.
Vigilance - also self explanatory.
Bloodbath (single target), bladestorm (AOE, mainly only use it on hellfire assault though) - pure DPS/AOE threat row.
Gladiator's resolve - 5% damage reduction, too good to pass up.
Glyphs:
Minor glyphs make literally no difference to utility.
The only mandatory major glyph is Glyph of Unending Rage, which gives 20 extra rage. This means I'm rage capped less often, and can store rage to use both active mitigation at same time (Shield block and shield barrier, 60 rage each) when I expect heavy damage to come in. Other major glyphs which I change sometimes depending on situation are Glyph of bull rush (extra 15 rage from charge, helps get my mitigation up faster at start of fight), glyph of rude interruption (damage buff for interrupting), glyph of shield wall (less damage reduction in exchange for shorter cooldown).

How do you check what your numbers are like? Check the logs, because recount is not super useful for tanks.

Where do you find new info about your class? Mainly icy veins.

If you have geared alts, at which lvl can you play them? Have a warlock, but I'm not really enjoying playing it. Currently slowly leveling a druid, with aim of it being my primary alt. Liking the druid so far.

Do you know anyone from the guild? No, but I've bugged Frahnsa a bit on Bnet chat.
Previous guilds Negative Feedback, Sidefx.

Which guilds, roles, approximate dates, and why did you leave? Had attendance and progress issues, so merged with Sidefx. Not left them yet, but I'm sad with progression (or lack of). Wiped for over an hour on mythic hellfire assault without reaching first miniboss.
Where did you hear about us? Guild chat.
Why should we pick you? I know my class well, I know my role well. I'm a chilled out guy who is very friendly. Kenyan internets is a hindrance (200-300 ping xD) but I've managed to pull my weight and then some so far, and this will not be an issue as I am used to playing at this ping and am doing totally fine. Most of my progress has been in PUGs outside of guilds, which also I think is a positive as it proves more that I can pull my weight.
Anything else you wanna add? I know my shit, you will not regret taking me on. I was a highly rated tank on my server during WOTLK, but then shit got real IRL and I quit WOW. Only came back to it a few months ago, but am loving being back.
01 Nov, 2015 10:10
Logs link here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10323637/8/#boss=1783

Still struggling with screenshot, first time I'm trying on this new machine and it's not working. I'm nub. This proves I'm a consistently high performer even with my shitty internets.
01 Nov, 2015 13:40
Screenshot of great justice has arrived! You can see keybindings if you zoom in.
http://imgur.com/Ve823nJ

Also, speedtest of not great justice (pls don't judge my poor country):
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4794728668
Edited 01 Nov, 2015 13:41
01 Nov, 2015 16:57
Hello there, Ty for applying.

Cheers for putting some effort in the application, That is always a good first impression.

We are in big need of a tank atm. Someone who is ready to jump straight into mythic with no issues. A player with good attendence that burns for raiding and who can guide the raid away from danger. Sadly we dont have any time waiting for a tank progressing on not dying from random melee hits and such.

Due to your application beeing complete and with all the info needed, I see no reason not to test you out. You are lacking a little mythic experience at the moment, but hopefully that wont be an issue

Would also like to ask some more specific tank questions before i accept your application smile

Since i have you on bnet, you can write to me whenever you have seen this. Speak with ya soon
01 Nov, 2015 18:02
Cheers, looking forward to it.

Register or login to create to post a reply.