[Accepted] Brewmaster/Protection Paladin Application
03 Dec, 2015 05:00
About yourself

First name: Ross

Your computer

System specifications: Intel i7 5960x (OC'ed 19%), 2x SLi GTX980 ASUS ROG Platinum Matrix's, ASUS ROG Rampage V Extreme (OC'ed 14% + 15%), Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2800MHz C16's (OC'ed 16%), Corsair H105 CPU Water-cooling Unit, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Corsair, Corsair Neutron XT 480GB x2 (Not linked, one for gaming and one for OS and standalone applications). ROG Front Base Panel (Minor Temps, OC Frequencies and Fan speeds). ROG Swift 27" Gaming Monitor x2, Cougar 700K Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Cougar 700M Mouse, Razer TIAMAT 7.1 Headset along side with a Razer Leviathan Surround Sound.

FPS during general raiding: 140 FPS Avg. on 4K Ultra Settings.

FPS during raiding and heavy load (bloodlust+spam everything+shiny boss abilities): Same as above, it hardly ever drops.

Do you have and use a microphone?

Internet connection (use speedtest, pick Paris which is where the Draenor server is located, and paste the result-URL): http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4882951003 (This is going to change in the next couple of couple of weeks, I am getting new internet set up in the house as I've just moved and needed something temporary until I have settled in the house).

How often do you disconnect? Only sometimes when I tab out of the game. Which I hardly ever do during raiding periods. Other than that, I I don't normally Disconnect from the game.

How often does your PC crash? Never!
Character information

Character name: Juicyjoo-Draenor (Monk - Brewmaster), Juicypaladin-Shattered Hand (Paladin - Protection).

Class: Monk and Paladin

Spec: Brewmaster and Protection

Armory link (log out with the gear and spec you are applying with):
Monk: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Juicyjoo/simple
Paladin: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Juicypaladin/simple

Off-spec (if any): I don't normally play my off-spec's as I tent to only ever play tanking classes. So, I actually have every character at 100 which is able to be a tank smile

Alts worth mentioning (with links): Kind of doing a dual application, then you're able to pick which one if I am successful smile Other use both if needed to alternate on bosses. Each tank benefits from a certain Raid Setup and build per boss during progression. Which is why I'm always leveling tanks, to be a versatile tank towards the guild I am in. I am able to then provide a lot more than a single tank to a guild in-case of late Class-breakages and nerf's etc.
Raiding

Raiding schedule and IRL (will our raiding schedule fit your real life?): Yes, the raiding schedule will suit my IRL arrangements around my University time table… If not, then I will skip the class smile haha… Not joking either!

Previous expansion experience:
Vanilla: I was in a guild called Elitism on the server Stormrage EU as a Warrior Tank. We as a guild managed to obtain server first on all progression during this period and rank highly in the world logs. Our rival guild on the server was called Genesis, they really did give us a run for our money. But, Horde always win, right?

The Burning Crusade: During this expansion, I had got successfully joined the British Army so I had to kind of relax on the game for obvious reason. I only played casually during this expansion and unfortunately never managed to get back into raiding.

Wrath of the Lich King: I came back to the game with a little bit more raiding involved, I managed to progress through content on Normal and Heroic with a guild called Druids of the Beast (wow-insider has published articles about them as being the only Druid progression guild in the world). During this time I was playing a Feral Druid Tank as it was known during this expansion.

Cataclysm: During this time I lost my faith in the game, I found the game to be boring and wasn't interested in the game as I was experimenting with other games. I still managed to tick over and progress normal content as a casual raider in a guild called Pure on Shadowsong as a Protection Paladin and Feral Druid Tank.

Mist of Pandaria: This was my favorite expansion, I really enjoyed this expansion. I played the open beta version and loved the mechanics of the Brewmaster Monk. I then mained the Brewmaster for the whole expansion throughout the content. I loved Siege of Orgrimmar raid, it was a very good raid as I do like the linear raids. Only bad thing about this whole expansion with Brewmaster Monks were they was ultimately Over-powered with threat and broken with the tank survivability. Anyone who played a Brewmaster Monk in this expansion will know this sequence "RJW+KS = Instadeath".

Warlords of Draenor: I came into this expansion late as I was working in China. When I came back to the UK to study my bachelors degree, I found I had way to much time on my hands as well as suffering from Insomnia I need to go hardcore in this expansion. I obtained my monk and paladin to level 100 within 3 days and then started to progress. I manged to obtain the Curve's for each raid prior to 6.2 release. In 6.2 I was the best geared monk in the world with 715 ilvl according to wowprogress but no guild would accept me as they was full on Monk and they believed monks to have taken a huge nerf. So i then progressed on my Paladin getting that geared which actually ended up getting better loot drops than my Monk. So it naturally became the character I wanted to main and progress with. Now I am at the same progression stage (+1 more boss) than Vin La Cvicek smile

Mindset (describe your attitude on progress and farm raids): My mindset doesn't really change, I still remain focused and alert to what is going on in the raids during farm as I would do in progression raids. However, during farming raids… I do tend to talk more on random stuff during encounters that we would have on farm with ease. Moreover, if I find myself "Fucking Up" during farming then I will shut up before I am warned and focus more, as this would be evidently clear that I am not focused which is not in my personal character. So other than that, the level of dedication and commitment that the guild would receive during farming and progression is the exact same; which is a fun and vibrant person that knows when to keep his mouth shut and focus.

Combatlog links:
Monk Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10269006/latest/
Paladin Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10857063/latest/ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11631632/latest/#boss=1785 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11799687/latest#boss=1794

Screenshot of your UI while raiding (use Imgur) (if you don't have a useful screenshot atm queue up for LFR and bail when you're done): http://imgur.com/a/44Ck5

Which important addons and WAs do you use? Kinda of evident in my UI what I use smile But the main addon I use is a generalized addon called "Supervillian UI" for aesthetics (But a simple version with a lot of the pointless crap turned off). Along side the supervillian ui, I also use Bigwigs/DBM, Exorsus Raid tools, weakauras (which are customized per tanking setup on monk and druid to monitor all my big cooldown, and on my monk is monitors guards actual shield damage in mitigation, elusive brew etc), and well…, Skada for numbers, everyone checks number smile

Which macros do you use? This is dependent on the two characters and the specific role, ie boss. Kormrok for example, I would use transendance macro set up on my monk to get out of the blast quickly where as on my paladin I will use macros such as Divine Protection cast/cancel aura to soak blasts. etc and also on my monk during mythic council, i would use a cancel aura macro for the Blessing of Protection etc.

Which keybinds do you use? I have relatively big hands so using a mechanical keyboard to nimble my way around Alt 1-8 and Control 1-8 as well as a default 1-8 smile

Explain your talent and glyph choices and alternatives:
Monk: Talents I vary as they are situational. AOE fight I tend to use healing elixirs and RJW and on single target fight i use Xuen + (heavy physical damage I switch between healing elixirs and dampen harm… Heavy magical i use either healing elixirs or Diffuse magic)…. I always run with Momentum, Zen Sphere and I switch between Power Strikes and Ascension, and i always use Chi Explosion).

Paladin: Talents Situation again, But as a base I use Speed of light, Fist of justice, Sacred Shield, Unbreakable Spirit (Divine protection = 30 seconds instead of 1 min), Holy Avenger (Unless running Seraphim or aoe right then I use Sanctified Wrath), Holy Prism (unless its aoe fight then i use Lights Hammer), Empowered Seals with Seal of the Righteous to gain that Haste Cap, I do sometimes switch to Seal of Insight to gain some extra healing if I'm feeling extra squishy (Sometimes on bosses especially aoe fights such as hellfire assault i will use Holy Shield). Glyph's I switch depending on the fight, Council for example, I run with Divine Protection (+20% physical damage instead of +40 magical mitigation if I'm tanking Gurtogg and Blademaster) and hand of sacrifice glyph's to help with raid cool-downs. Iron Reaver for example, I will run with Focusing Shield (Single target increased damage), also I will run with hand of sacrifice to help with other tank and soaking reactive fuse-bombs. Gorefiend, exactly the same, reducing my aoe from avengers shield as it tends to proc a lot so it doesn't redirect to people's images whilst inside and prematurely breaking them out.

How do you check what your numbers are like? Skada and Logs (though I don't care about my logs - I care about the situation in the fight during the game. Yea, give me a huge blow to the face on my monk with no mitigation what so ever so I can have a guard worth stacking and I will get decent logs, but at the same time I'm wasting pointless heals as then every healer in the raid thinks "OH SHIT! Spam heal the squishy monk"… I Prefer to have low logs and low damage taken, High Self-healing and raid-wide utility).

Where do you find new info about your class? Multiple websites as well as simcraft and theorycrafting. Websites such as MMO-Champions, Noxxic, Icy Viens etc.

If you have geared alts, at which lvl can you play them? Gone over this previously. I mainly focus on two characters which I figure out which to play in Beta and early release (Also guilds preference as well).

Do you know anyone from the guild? Unfortunately not, hope to do so soon *Wink-Wink-Nudge-Nudge*
Previous guilds

Which guilds, roles, approximate dates, and why did you leave?
Kind of already gone through this previously. However, I will go over it again smile
Team Done: Temporary Placement to fill in for another tank who was M.I.A.
Proper Pwnage: I was recently in hospital with a serious lung injury, I was hospitalized in Intensive care for some time which was an emergency and I wasn't able to inform my guild (First time I have failed to make a raiding day and I missed 1 week). As soon as I log on I explain the situation that I was in Hospital and in a very bad way, the exact response was this : "You have skype on your phone, right?", I'm guessing it's Self explanatory of what I did next (Told them to find a new replacement as I wasn't going to be around to take the inconsiderate nonsense).
Pure: Due to working arrangements of just starting the job, I was underway on a huge project of expanding the company internationally. I was on able to play during this time as a Social Raider. Left to progress further into raiding on Twisting Nether.
Elitism-Stormrage : this was a guild I was in back in Vanilla, server firsts hardcore raiding.
Where did you hear about us? Wow-Progress.
Why should we pick you? Personally, I always find this question when ever I apply to guilds over the years the most challenging question of all. I can offer myself as a versatile and experienced tank with a broad knowledge across all tanks in the game (I have each one at level 100, I've only ever played as a Tank since World of Warcraft Vanilla Beta). I constantly read through Theory-crafting and I also use Sim-Crafting, I also used Mastery + MS before guides said to on my Monk because I kind of skip the guides if it doesn't feel right. I'm constantly trying to find new and better ways to improve myself. I can take criticism very well and use it constructively. I would also say I am very punctual with my timings, I've only ever failed to show up for 1 raid and that's because I was rushed into hospital and put on life-support due to a Spontaneous Pnuemaphorax (basically my lung had a 5 cm rip, they said my lung Spontaneously burst open smile ).
Anything else you wanna add? Nothing other than the application formalities; Thank you for taking the time to read this application. I wish you all the best for Legion and Future Content with, or without me… Hopefully with me smile
Edited 03 Dec, 2015 10:31
03 Dec, 2015 06:38
Thanks for applying and being thorough.

There's lots here that tickles me in the right way. Can only say dual accepted!

A tank is afk today, so if you wanna fill that spot instead of us using an off-spec you have a chance to get immediately into action.

An officer should be online after around 16:00. Can also add me on bbqr#2333

Cya around
Edited 03 Dec, 2015 06:38

Register or login to create to post a reply.