[Accepted] Application: Archives (Ret Paladin/off-spec Prot)
23 Jan, 2016 16:34
About yourself
I'm from Sweden and live in Stockholm. I like to play World of warcraft which I'm almost playing whenever I can. But I also spend time studying, and with other "school-stuff". I as you can imagine prioritize school but I understand the responsibility that comes with being in a mythic guild and would of course therefore plan ahead with homework etc so it wont interfere with raid. I'm as a person ambitious and very competitive. I enjoy a challenge and always want to develop and get better at the things I do.
First name:
Ludwig
Sweden
Your computer

System specifications:
Intel core i5 2320 3.00 Ghz, 8,0 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 530 (I'm soon buying a new one).
FPS during general raiding:
80. I use quite low graphical setting becuase I prefer smooth graphic above high graphical settings.
FPS during raiding and heavy load (bloodlust+spam everything+shiny boss abilities):
Do you have and use a microphone?
Yes
Internet connection (use speedtest, pick Paris which is where the Draenor server is located, and paste the result-URL):
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5022518839
How often do you disconnect?
Almost never, can't remember the last time. When I do it's 90% of the time problems with the server.
How often does your PC crash?
Never happend
Character information

Character name:
Archives
Class:
Paladin
Spec:
Retribution
Armory link (log out with the gear and spec you are applying with):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Archives/advanced
Off-spec (if any):
Protection with item level 713. I've played it regularly since the start of WoD and know how to play it well.
Alts worth mentioning (with links):
Not at the moment.
Raiding

Raiding schedule and IRL (will our raiding schedule fit your real life?):
Yes, your guilds raiding schedule was one of the many thinigs I found attractive with the guild.
Previous expansion experience:
I'm still kinda new with the game I suppose compared to most other guys around. I started playing in MoP and started raiding directly as tank in Pugs… It was first directly when WoD came out I really started getting interested in raiding.
Mindset (describe your attitude on progress and farm raids):
I am disciplined, focused and ambitious. I always try to do my best and always listen to criticism becuase I see it as a chance to improve. I can get upset when people repeat mistakes. I am also very competitive and a challenge can be really motivating for me.
Combatlog links:
I just made an account on worldoflogs and havent uploaded anything yet. Learning how it works when writing this application. Though I use it regularly to learn from top ret paladins. Just haven't uploaded anything myself yet.
Screenshot of your UI while raiding (use Imgur) (if you don't have a useful screenshot atm queue up for LFR and bail when you're done):
http://imgur.com/b8X09Aw
Which important addons and WAs do you use?
Skada, quartz, pitbullframes, omen threat meter, KuiNamePlates, bartender, Holy Power Indicator, OmniCC, DeadlyBossMode, Iskar Assist, Yes,Boss! WA: Avenging wrath buff, BL/time warp buff, legendary ring, divine crusader proc, icon that pops up when I can use seraphim and the same for LH and ES.
Which macros do you use?
So that I can lick once to use DS and then click again to remove it before it's expired naturally. Also got macros so I can only point on a player with the mouse to use the hand spells.
Which keybinds do you use?
1,2,4,5. Shift 1-4. Alt 1-4. Shift8 for pot. S,Q,E,R,T,D,A,F,G,X,C,V.
Explain your talent and glyph choices and alternatives:
I switch between LH and ES for Cleave/singletarget fights. I also switch between Seraphim/FV and use final verdict in a fight where there's cleave and a lot of movement, if not I use Seraphim. I also use seraphim for concentrated burst in fights like gorefiend for an example with FoS. Becuase I have t4 bonus I always stick to Sancitified Wrath which also gives highest DPS output. I most of the time use Unbreaklable spirit but switch to Clemency for fights where my hand spells is needed. For Mannoroth and zakuun for instance. For progression though Clemency will be more useful.
How do you check what your numbers are like?
Skada mostly. I like to compete and compare my numbers with other rets in raid. I also try different gear with different stats to see what results it gives. I also look a graphs from theorycrafters like a guy called Solsacra for instance (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1659130-6-2-Retribution-Theorycraft-amp-Discussion).
Where do you find new info about your class?
I regularly try to watch new guides and view forums and discussions. But I also find new information about my class by just trying and comparing different setups when raiding. So just raiding and paying attention is also a good way to find information about my class.
If you have geared alts, at which lvl can you play them?
My warrior is 701, others arent really worth mentioning.
Do you know anyone from the guild?
No, I don't.
Previous guilds
I was shortly in a guild called Titans [A], on Darksorrow. They were my first guild ever and was a casual HC/Mythic guild where most of the members were 20+.
Which guilds, roles, approximate dates, and why did you leave?
This was in Highmaul. I played tank in their raiding team and quit becuase the guild quit.
Where did you hear about us?
One of your members said he was interested in a chat in one of my threads on the wow forum and I got really interested the more I read about the guild.
Why should we pick you?
Because I first of all think raiding is really fun even though I'm only raiding with PUG groups at the moment. I'm ambitious and therefore my developement doesn't really got a limit. I also get motivated by a challange and though I haven't got any mythic experience I think I will like it a lot. I'm also very disciplined and can take criticsm good and you can count on me. I can understand that you might be skeptic becuase of my age, but I hear quite a lot that I'm mature of my age and I'm focused when raiding anyways so. I'm also very social and would also like to do things with guildies outside raiding, like CMs or achivements for instance.
Anything else you wanna add?
Nope.
24 Jan, 2016 11:44
Hey. Ty for applying

Have decided that we can test you out. However if you do wanna succed with ous a lot of effort is going to be needed.

Firstly since you don't have any mythic experience in hfc keeping up with tactics on bosses is very important. We are not going to spend long waiting for you to sort your personal stuff out during a boss encounter.

Also since you got no real logs it is going to be even more important that you show that you can play your class well.

It's simply you who need to show ous that you are something we want in our team, despite the lack of experience and some other things.

I'll give you a whisp in-game as well.

Accepted

Register or login to create to post a reply.